Thursday, April 22, 2010

ePortfolio

Working on the eportfolio the past few days has been an interesting experience. I discovered a lot of great CALL tools, and learned about their potential to help students acquire their L2. Putting all the required elements together seemed a little daunting at first, but it was good to see the final production of the semester come together.

The most difficult part of the eportfolio was the required abstract and sources. I already had a research-paper topic in mind, but it's difficult to write an abstract when you're not sure where your research is going to take you. I did the best I could, and wrote as if I knew where the results would take me. Finding sources is always difficult, but luckilly I had some help because of all the research I've done on SoftChalk at work, in the LCLC. I think blended learning is an interesting topic, and I truly think it's the future of teaching.

The most satisfying part of the portfolio was seeing it all put together in the end. Lots of work this semester, and it's nice to have something to show for it.

2 comments:

  1. I had a similar issue with the paper, but once I started working on the abstract in conjunction with the rest of the portfolio, it all became pretty clear to me. If nothing else, putting the portfolio together served to focus my thoughts and opinions about using all of this stuff, instead of just thinking "hey it'd be cool to make dumb podcasts for my students", which unfortunately is the way I think when I don't check myself. Nice looking portfolio Deena. You inspired me to add some graphics to mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you about the paper and the final e-portfolio. I am going to be attempting to get an abstract for my own paper this weekend, which I also have not worked out an idea for. As far as the e-portfolio goes, it is a lot of work to do, but it is a sense of accomplishment when it's finished. It's nice that it's protected online and we can always go back to it and use it when looking for a job.

    ReplyDelete